Track and Field Day



For Moi Day, a Kenyan holiday, we celebrated with Track and Field Day. Richard decided to run the 5K last minute. He ran it in 25 minutes 26 seconds. Not bad! He came in fifth overall.




PJ had just arrived the day before, so I spent most of the day with him. Poor baby! He didn't even have time to recover from his jetlag. But, the kids loved him! I didn't participate in any event, but as staff I was in charge of measuring distance for the long jump and the softball throw. My legs got a workout from all the bending over!


My students got to participate, as well. Here they are lining up with their partners to run the 100 m relay. Ms. Duvra is pumping them up!




They did a great job! Look at them...really pushing it!
I watched from the sidelines and cheered them on.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Transition Through Vulnerability and Text Messages

Celebrating Birthdays

That Time The Lord Lined Up All My Ducks and Gave Me the Perfect Ammunition