The Long Weekend


Our first long weekend... just in time for my birthday! School let out on Thursday, and I spent all afternoon planning for next week so that I could enjoy myself during the weekend! Most of the kids went camping to the Maasai Mara, but I'm happy we could stay back and relax. Richard has only two boys in the dorm!

On Friday, Richard drove a van full of kids to Nakumat Junction. While they shopped for three hours, we walked around, leisurely enjoying the shops we don't usually have time to enjoy on our town day (when we're too busy buying the things we need and trying to get back before dark). At Junction, they have a bookstore called the Media Store which made me think of being in a Barnes and Noble. After much looking, I bought a book titled "Teach Yourself Urdu in Two Months." I really want to learn another language, and we now have friends on campus that are from Pakistan and speak Urdu. Kalsoom, my friend, can teach me Urdu and I'll trade her for English lessons. I just can't pass up the opportunity.

This is a picture of Richard and I at the food court in Junction, where we devoured a Mediterranean pizza from Pizza Inn.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Transition Through Vulnerability and Text Messages

Celebrating Birthdays

That Time The Lord Lined Up All My Ducks and Gave Me the Perfect Ammunition