Peter

At the ABC, they also had an area for handicapped children. My group went there first and another smiley boy caught my attention. His name is Peter (he's the one on the right). Peter, I found out, has cerebral palsy. When I first saw him, he was sitting on the floor. His legs are a little bent out of shape, but I offered him a hand and he stood and walked around with my help.


Here he is talking to Mr. R on his "cellphone". He had these Lego pieces in his pocket, and I started calling them his cellphone. So, we all called him on our phones and talked to him. He hammed it up and took all of our calls. Isn't that a beautiful smile?


Here he is riding with Mr. Raymond on one of the special bikes they have there. The kids love it, especially when you pedal them around. One other little boy, who has brittle-bone disease loved climbing into the "trunk" and allowing all of his friends to take him around.



Peter took several pictures with my camera. It was difficult for him to make his fingers do what he wanted them to do, but he just loved pressing the button and seeing the picture on my screen afterward. Here's a great shot of him with his new friends. (I need to go back and get a shot of Peter and I.)

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dealing with Transition Through Vulnerability and Text Messages

Celebrating Birthdays

That Time The Lord Lined Up All My Ducks and Gave Me the Perfect Ammunition